Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Magic of Weightloss....a keynote speaker in magic and performing tells life story




My name is Danny Weiser, and I am a college student pursuing a degree in physical therapy. I actually chose my future profession based on the fact that at the age of 16, I intentionally lost 135 pounds, reducing my weight from 300 pounds to 165. I want to encourage and help others to improve their physical and emotional health, and feel becoming a physical therapist would be a means of doing just that. I am also a certified personal trainer, presently train several clients, and am compiling and hoping to market my own weight loss and exercise program.
   I am an accomplished magician/illusionist, and have been practicing magic since the young age of 6. I perform large scale magic shows with high-end illusions for any venue; no venue is too large or too small for my performances. As a younger child, I was only performing at smaller events, including birthday parties and family celebrations. Although I enjoyed performing magic, I always felt self-conscious about being over-weight and performing in front of others. As my skills and desire to perform magic increased, so did my concerns about my weight and performing in front of audiences. So at the age of 16, I decided that not only was there an important need to lose weight to feel better about myself, but it was also important to lead a healthier lifestyle. I extensively researched different means of losing weight via diet and exercise, and made a decision to begin my personally-managed weight loss and exercise program. I diligently remained on my diet/exercise plan for about a year, and the weight swiftly came off. I lost 135 pounds in all, reducing my weight to 165 pounds. I usually exercised twice a day, and began a body-building program. I just turned 21, and it is now 5 years since I began dieting; I have successfully kept the weight off since.
    Going from a large 300 solid pounds down to 165, after losing so much weight, and continue body build, I no longer feel insecure about my body and self-image. Performing magic in front of audiences is no longer a concern for me. About two years ago, I made a conscious decision to dedicate more attention to my professional magic show and hone my performing skills. I utilize live animals in my shows, and I also include comedy; audience laughter never seems to be lacking. My stories of weight loss and magic are intertwined, my love of magic  motivated my weight loss and my weight loss continuously motivates my magic.
...For more info on Danny Weiser and The Weiser Side of Magic please contact Danny Weiser at www.TheWeiserSide.com

1 comment:

  1. This is an awsome article. Very basic but extermely effective movements to build a great buddy.phentermine without prescription

    ReplyDelete